2 min read
“The autumnal equinox is here. September 22nd marks the first day of fall in the Northern Hemisphere, spring if you are in the Southern Hemisphere. The equinox occurs at the exact moment no matter where you may be in the world.”
So What Is the Equinox?
The equinox occurs as the sun crosses the celestial equator, which is an imaginary extension of Earth’s equator line into space.
Falling Into The Season…
Fall officially begins on the equinox, but many of us associate it with new beginnings, crisp air, and a blanket of vibrant autumn colors that enchant our senses after a long summer. A change of gear and rethinking of indoor and outdoor activities is in order. During this season, these are my favorite activities.
Family Fun Activities
• Go apple picking
• Collect colorful fall leaves
• Pitch a tent in the backyard for a “camping” adventure
• Have a fall picnic
• Attend a fall festival
• Tailgate at your local football game
• Spend a day antiquing
• Build a bonfire in the backyard
• Tour a winery
• Host a potluck Friendsgiving dinner
• Take a weekend road trip
• Get spooked in a haunted house
• Celebrate Oktoberfest at home with beer and sausages
• Give out candy to trick or treaters all dressed up in your own costumes
• Cook a cozy fall meal: Think roasted vegetables or a hearty stew
• Have a cider and doughnut date at a local apple farm or farmers’ market
• Make your own mulled wine
• Grab a blanket and go stargazing
Interested in incorporating our Fall jumpstart list into your Fall marketing initiatives? Get in touch with Comporium Media Services as we have experience in creative marketing strategies and consumer insights.